Rented Materials follow the same refund policy as purchases.
Book Refunds / Exchanges
- First week of each semester (fall and spring): Full refund according to policy
- Second week of each semester (fall and spring): Refund only with proof of dropped class and according to policy
- Summer session: First week only and according to policy
- Late starting 6 week classes: Return books within 2 days of start date. No refunds on classes less than 6 weeks
- Cancelled classes: Return books within 5 business days from the cancel date
Purchases after the refund dates are FINAL.
Full refund applies to current textbook purchases only - older books from prior semesters can be sold back to us at the end of each term for best pricing.
- For a refund you must provide a current cash register receipt, class schedule, and a picture ID.
- New books must be in perfect (mint) condition to receive a full refund. Otherwise your refund will be the current used price. We reserve the right to determine the condition.
- No refunds on supplies, non-required books, plays, syllabi, pocket books, software, electronics and shipping charges.
- Books with ACCESS CODES or Stand-Alone codes are not refundable.
- Opened packages that are accepted for returns will incur $5 rewrapping charge. Please be sure you want to keep it before you open it.
- All returns and exchanges must be taken to the refund counter at the front of the store. Please do not bring returns/exchanges into the selling area of the Bookstore at any time.
- Clothing (exchange only/unless defective)
- General Merchandise (unless defective)
eBooks are refundable within 14 days of the first day of access, or thirty (30) days after the purchase is made, whichever occurs first. Additionally, we cannot fulfill refund requests if more than 10% of the product has been viewed and/or if any page(s) of the product has been printed.
Electronic delivery Publisher Access codes
Refunds for McGraw-Hill, Cengage, and Pearson access codes are permitted if requested within fourteen (14) days of purchase.
The date the order was received by a person at the customer's address will be considered the purchase date for return purposes. The shipping fee is not refundable. Items purchased online must be shipped on or before the return deadline as stated on the receipt. The return shipping fee is the responsibility of the customer. Delta Bookstore is not responsible for lost or damaged returned items. This means you need to write the return address clearly, insure your return and pack it well. You must include the original sales receipt in the package along with your name, address and phone number. Please ship all returns to the Bookstore via UPS or FedEx Ground.
Send all returns to:
Att: Online Returns
5151 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 95207
The bookstore is not responsible for any intended textbook return that does not meet the refund criteria. If you send a textbook back to the bookstore and it cannot be refunded, it is the textbook owners responsibility for postage to have the textbook sent back to him/her.
You may also visit the Bookstore to return purchases made online.
Due LAST DAY OF FINALS
If the customer fails to return the Rented Materials by the last day of FINALS or return them in an unsalable condition, the customer will be charged
the Replacement Fee to their credit card on file. The Replacement Fee
is retail price for a Used Textbook. The Delta College Bookstore is not
responsible for reminding the customer of the Rental Due Date and that
once the Replacement Fee is paid, the book belongs to the customer.
If a rented textbook is deemed too damaged for re-rental (e.g. Water damage, missing pages, excessive highlighting, underlining or marking, etc.), the customer will be charged the full retail price of the book plus applicable sales tax.
The renter is responsible if a rental book is not returned by the appropriate time or is not in re-rentable condition.
Please read Rental Agreement for full details.
THE BOOKSTORE SCREENS DILIGENTLY FOR CREDIT CARD FRAUD.
- Verify the billing address matches the billing address on file to the credit card used for this order.
- Verify the CVC/CVV code for the credit card is correct
- Verify the funds available on the credit card is enough to pay for this order
- All orders will be shipped with Federal Express or UPS
- We are unable to ship to PO Boxes
- We will ship your order the next business day if order is received by 3:00 pm.
- Overnight shipping orders must reach us by 11:00 am in order for you to receive the following day
- Express does not deliver overnight packages on Saturday or Sunday
- Ground shipping fee is $8.95 for the FIRST book and $1 for each additional book
- Express OVERNIGHT shipping fee is $32.95 for the FIRST book and $2 for each additional book.
- Shipping fees are non-refundable
- Shipping charges listed apply to orders shipped within the continental U.S. only, excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and U.S.protectorates
- We are unable to ship international orders
Textbook orders will be available for pick up in as little as an HOUR (during regular business hours). Orders placed during the first two weeks of school may take a little longer to process. You will be contacted by email if any of your books are out of stock or if your order is canceled for any reason. A copy of your email confirmation and a picture ID is required to pick up all orders. If you wish someone else to pick up the order, you must list the name on the original order under the Notes section. Orders will not be released to any name that does not appear on the order. Pick up at Store Orders will be charged a $1.95 fee.
***Modified until further notice: NOT available at this time. All orders are being shipped.
Delta College Bookstore
5151 Pacific Ave.
Stockton, CA 95207
Please make sure to visit our Store
hours page for extended hours and closures
|Monday||9:00 am - 2:00 pm Ship only|
|Tuesday||9:00 am - 2:00 pm Ship only|
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 2:00 pm Ship only|
|Thursday||9:00 am - 2:00 pm Ship only|