PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
SUMMER 2020 Rental Policy
- I am at least 18 years of age.
- I am entering this Textbook Rental Agreement (“Agreement”) with the Delta College Bookstore of my own free will.I will return the Rental Materials to the Delta College Bookstore.
- Rental Fee Refund.Rental Fee refunds will be granted until the first FRIDAY from the start date of your class. There are no refunds for classes with duration of 2 weeks or less after the start of class (see website for Refund Policy and dates). The book needs to be in the same condition as it was when it was rented along with the original receipt.
- Failure to Return.If I fail to return the Rented Materials by Friday, August 14, 2020 or return them in an unsalable condition, I authorize the Delta College Bookstore to charge the Replacement Fee to my credit card on file.The Replacement Fee is the RETAIL PRICE OF A USED TEXTBOOK.The Delta College Bookstore is not responsible for reminding me of the Rental Return Due Date.I understand that returns will not be accepted after the Rental Return Due Date and that once the Replacement Fee is paid, the book is mine to keep.The Replacement Fee is in addition to the original Rental Fee. If I fail to return my Rented Materials, my rental privilege may be revoked.
- Credit Card Declined.If I have failed to return my book by the due date and my credit card is declined.I authorize the Delta College Bookstore to put my records on hold. My records will not be released until all outstanding fees are paid. I understand that this may limit my registration and my graduation privileges.
- Conditions upon Return**.Minimal highlighting and writing in rented textbooks is permitted and acceptable.However, Rented Materials must be returned in complete and salable condition.This means the spine of the book is intact, there is no damage to the book, and all component parts of the book must be present.WATER DAMAGE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.I am responsible for any loss or theft of the Rented Materials.CD’s included in a rental book must be returned in undamaged condition with that book. If a rented textbook is deemed too damaged for re-rental, I will be charged the Purchase Price. The Purchase Price is figured by taking the retail price of the textbook and subtracting the rental fee.
- Card as Security. I will not cancel or exceed the purchasing limits of the credit card or debit card on file until the rented textbooks are either returned to the Delta College Bookstore or the Replacement fee is paid.
- Tax.Normal tax rates will apply.
Students will have five (5) business days from the date they rent a textbook to inspect it for any pre-existing damage (including water damage) or excessive highlighting, writing, underlining or marking and report it to the Bookstore. Disputes submitted after the 5 business day submission period will not be accepted for review and action. “I bought it this way” is NOT an excuse. The student assumes responsibility for the rented textbook if he/she fails to contact the Bookstore in this timeframe.
Delta College Bookstore
5151 Pacific Ave.
Stockton, CA 95207
Please make sure to visit our Store
hours page for extended hours and closures
|Monday||7:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||7:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||7:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||7:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Friday||7:30 am - 3:00 pm|